Do you understand the consumer psychology of your e-commerce customers? Do you know how much traffic you are losing due to slow response time and poor design? Do you know how much revenue you are losing by not using high quality images or video to display your product? Do you know how you can improve conversion rate by offering Product Reviews on your Product Detail pages? Do you know why the visitors abandon a purchase? What you can do about it?
I’m sure if you understand the behavior of your e-commerce website visitors then you can take rights steps to improve your conversion rates. Here is the infographic from Vouchercloud, on “Consumer Psychology & The E-Commerce Checkout” which I found to be interesting and worth to share with you.
Consumer Psychology and the E-Commerce Checkout – An infographic by the team at vouchercloud.
What you can do about it?
Here is the small checklist based on findings from e-Commerce Consumer Psychology studies that will quickly help you to improve your site’s conversion ratio:
- Make sure that your e-commerce website loads within 3 seconds, if you are on nopCommerce and looking for making your site faster than nopAccelerate can help
- Make sure that your visitors are able to find the products they are looking for as quickly as possible. To achieve this, you can use nopAccelerate Search and Catalog Navigation features that offers drill-down search and easier faceted navigation which makes it easy for your visitors to find the exact product they are looking for very quickly
- Use high quality product images Product Details Page. Product Video is better!
- Encourage Product Reviews on your site
- Make sure that you do not have hidden charges added on the checkout pages
- Use guest checkout
- Reduce unnecessary steps from checkout process, and do not ask for same information again
- Provide clear and specific delivery details
- Provide contact details and importantly Phone numbers on your website
- Use clear Call-to-Action button
- Use coupons and discount code, coupons can increase customer satisfaction.
- Use Security & Payment Seal on your website and more importantly on Checkout pages
- Offer multiple options for Payment including PayPal
The list can go on and on, and there is always an opportunity to improve your e-commerce website sales. Make sure that you implement it in right way to improve ROI of your e-commerce venture. If you need some help, feel free to contact us.