When we talk about online sale, we need to understand that we are dealing with people who already do not have time to visit a physical store or who like me are lazy to flex their muscle :). If your e-commerce website is not saving these consumers their time or making them click on that refresh button again, they will move on to your competitor and maybe never visit you at all or worst share their bad experience with your e-commerce website with others.
In 1999, when the craze for high-speed internet connections was picking up the consumer were willing to wait for 8 seconds for a page to load. But now, a sluggish and unresponsive Ecommerce website is a major deterrent because the average online user will only tolerate load time of up to 3 seconds.
Social Proof is a helping hand not only for eCommerce businesses who wants to increase their Conversion Rates, but also for e-buyers who want to buy but need assurance that they are buying the right thing. Using Social Proof for Psychological Persuasion is one of the most trustworthy and effective eCommerce techniques.
Search engines and wisdom of e-crowd has empowered e-buyers with an easy access to information and reviews about products and brands before deciding to click the “Buy Now” button. Social proof is a recommendation of others, which communicates to an e-buyer that real people like the product, which helps the e-buyer decide whether or not to buy that product. Here are 9 Proven Social Proof Strategies that an eCommerce business must use to increase conversion rate.
We are feeling so happy and glad to announce and release the free nopCommerce Starter Theme built on Bootstrap.
As a committed member of nopCommerce community, we are happy to contribute this theme for free to everyone who wants to build his store on nopCommerce and at the same time, wants to use Bootstrap Front End UI Framework, the de-facto standard for front end user interface development for Mobile & Web Development. (more…)
Mobile is changing the way we shop!
A decade back the mobile world was limited to phone calls, SMS, MMS, basic internet surfing and some audio and video downloads. Today, the scenario is quite different. With invent of Smart phones and Tablets the world has moved into the new layer of Digital Media. Internet has advanced to 3G, 4G and 5G networking systems. New applications and browsing techniques have brought the user to upfront.
As per estimates, by 2018 those 8.2 billion hand-held devices will bring $626 Billion revenue to the E-commerce world.
In 2018 the world population is expected to pass 8 Billion, and it is really fascinating that 8.2 Billion hand held devices (i.e. Mobiles and Tablets) are expected to be ONLINE. And they will be consuming an average of 2.7GB of data per month per device. We all know that today we like to shop, even window-shop online. Recently, we all are witnessing the significant growth of online shops. And these sites have constantly done their bits and pieces to migrate the X-generation to the digital world of shopping and entertainment.
Let’s understand this with a better set of graphs and facts through an Infographic analysis.
This means people will be more active on their Smartphones, tablets and such mobile devices. If you see closer you will know that contact less technologies like NFC and QR Codes are being adopted fast to offer best experience to buyers both online & offline. And fast hosting and storing technologies like Clouds, have started gripping their positions in the digital world. Most of the e-commerce sites have started integrating them into their sites and systems. These are gaining extreme importance as the shoppers prefer Digital Wallets for making payments seamlessly. If you haven’t yet integrated them yet, its a good time look into that now.
The next generation e-commerce sites should be responsive and light-weight sites, which can be operational on all types of devices without any problem with size or server and offer the utmost flexibility to their customers in terms of purchase, deal and exchange. Customers and Companies both are open to sharing and using data that will benefit both by exchanging the information needed to enable seamless experience for buyers online.
Concluding this- I want to share that, Mobile is changing the way we shop! And as an e-commerce owners or solution providers, we need to change as well!
Please share what you’re doing about it?
What do you do when you are given 20 choices from which you need to pick one to buy? You generally review all and leave without buying or you will ask the company to recommend the best one if you’re not able to decide.
If this is not the case then you are definitely the 3% of aggressive window shoppers. But, the remaining 97% of customers have a specific pattern or a system in mind for which they need an exact fill to buy it.